UID: 33003

myYK

« 2024-5-7  

在線人數: 0 (會員: 0)

2011-11-10 08:03 PM :: 打印 | 推薦 | 評分
Why is Astronomy a Good Hobby?

Why is Astronomy a Good Hobby?

Written by Matthew417 on November 10,2011

=======================================================================================
I got interested in astronomy as a kid (about 10 years old) while watching a movie about astronomy in my home. I used to wonder how big the universe might be. It is was fascinating and I was curious. Later, I found an astronomy magazine in a library and was immediately obsessed by astronomy. I borrowed a few books and magazines, surfed the net and started watching the Moon and the planets with binoculars. I realized that the information I was reading, hearing and watching  opens me a door to a huge world of interesting things. It was really great. I found out many stunning things, such as the size of the universe, how far the neighboring stars are, the nebulae (a bright area in the night sky caused by a large cloud of stars that are far away) , groups of galaxies (any of the large systems of stars, etc. in outer space) , etc. It is good to understand many things about the universe and that same motivation is still the basis of my astronomy hobby.

Besides, astronomy is a hobby you can share with your family. Are you busy with your job? Do you feel like you do not spend time enough with your family? Guess that, my answers are 'yes' to these two questions. Another thing that bothers me is that I do not have much time for my hobbies. Many times I would like to observe an object in the night sky, I am either too tried or I am working. What I have done is that I share my hobbies with my friends. We play music (one of my hobbies) together and we observe the stars to together. I read some astronomy books for them and I tell them about the universe and many other interesting things up there. The main point is that it must be interesting and fun for my friends. By having a common hobby we spend time together and we all find it interesting. Sometimes I prepare our "astronomy time" by printing few images at work and thinking what I will tell them. It must be informative and entertaining at the same time.

There are many good reasons to starts astronomy as a hobby. These two reasons are the ones I have found good.  I enjoy astronomy as a hobby and I recommend it to everyone, despite of your age, race or any other backgrounds.

Some picture:

[ 本帖最後由 Matthew417 於 2011-11-10 08:04 PM 編輯 ]

贊助網站
2 評論

you are interesting in Astronomy?
I am happy that you have a good hobby but it needs a lot of time and money,
it's hard to match with hong kong people=[

mar041106 Rank: 5Rank: 5Rank: 5Rank: 5Rank: 5 2011-11-10 08:11 PM

who the FiretrUCK are you writing?
nobody will see this type of writing.

orz1515 Rank: 6Rank: 6Rank: 6Rank: 6Rank: 6Rank: 6 2011-11-10 09:13 PM

發表評論

本文章已關閉或您沒有權限發表評論。

當前時區 GMT+8, 現在時間是 2024-5-7 06:08 AM
Copyright © 2006- YK Forum All rights reserved.